Saturday, May 4, 2013

Beginnings

So basically, I'm in love. With Germany. And I get to go back in August! I got the Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange (CBYX) scholarship and all I have to pay for is a flight to D.C. and spending money! I highly recommend this program to anyone who is considering an exchange. I will be spending my entire senior year over there living with a German family. I will leave Washington D.C. on August 11 after a short orientation with all the scholarship winners from my region.
I don't have a host family yet but I'm excited to find out who I will be living with for ten months! And since I know you're wondering: no, I don't really speak German. A couple years ago I could understand it, but that was a couple of years ago and I can't anymore. I'll be taking online courses and some other things before I leave, but I won't actually know it until I've lived there for a little while.
It's crazy to think that I only have one month left of American high school. I don't think I'll miss it very much though to tell you the truth. I never imagined I wouldn't graduate like a normal person, but here I am: preparing to go on an adventure that could take me who-knows-where.

And I'm so excited! :)

I started this blog so everyone can keep up with what I'm doing easily... I hope I remember update it often enough! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me! :)

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. To my blog? I think you just go to the list of blogs youre following and click 'add' then type in the url :)

      Delete